Camera Bags - Beltpacks


Gear heads like myself can never get enough reading material on which piece of gear someone uses and why they chose that particular piece. Before buying any gear I tend to read tons of reviews. A few months back I was on a search for a new beltpack. I love this style of bag when I am shooting sports and weddings. They keep most everything I need right at my fingertips. I already had a Think Tank Airport Acceleration and love it because it is by far one of the most well thought out designs. So I headed to my local camera store to check one out. After an hour in the store and going back and forth between different sizes, I settled with the Speed Freak because of its ability to hold a 70-200/2.8 lens since this lens goes with me 95% of the time.


After the drive back to the office, I began loading up the new bag and trying it on again. That is when the new wore off and I realized my mistake. This bag is freaking huge and when fully loaded I knew I wouldn't be able to carry it on a full day shoot at a wedding or sporting event. When I grab my waist pouch, I am looking to carry a minimal amount of gear. I don't need it to carry every lens in my arsenal. I usually have one extra lens, a flash or two, and vital extras such as cards and batteries. Not much else.


So back to the store I went. I returned the Speed Freak and grab the Speed Demon instead. Only problem was, it wouldn't hold the 70-200. Turns out to be an easy fix with the addition of the Lens Changer 75 Pop Down. Now I can easily expand the bag when I need the additional room but can leave off the extras when I don't need the 70-200.


After several months of use now I can say that I am 100% happy with my purchase. The bag performs as it should and allows me to expand/contract as needed depending on the assignment. Working photogs need gear to make their lives easier and I couldn't be happier with my Speed Demon.