Follow Up - Slow Time of Year

A month ago, I wrote about what can be done during the slow time of the year.  I contacted the broker at the office and offered to photograph anyone that would like to update their head shot.  We agreed that Feb 2 would be a good time since they had their monthly sales meeting that day.  I sent an email to him with all of the details that he forwarded to all of the agents.  I used Event Brite to manage the event and take appointments.  I was a little concerned when only 5 agents signed up but I was committed to doing it.  The broker announced it again during the meeting and 21 agents came in afterwards to be photographed.  The only problem that I ran into was the small space alloted for the images.  The first image was taken with a 17-50mm at about 32mm.  The
room couldn't have been more than 12 feet long and maybe 8 feet wide.  I was really glad I didn't have to put studio strobes in that tight space and then run cords all over the room for power.

The lighting setup is our normal setup minus the background light.  Since I couldn't get any more distance between my subject and the background, I had enough spill from the main light to eliminate the background light.  We worked fast allowing only two-three minutes with each agent and getting about five shots of each during that time frame.

The second image is the results from the lighting.  All images have been retouched and placed on our website.  The agents are free to download and use the images as they like.

This turned out to be a great event for us.  It helped them out with updated head shots and gave us time in the community to market ourselves.  We were able to land another job from this.

One down, two more of these events to go.  One of those has 15 people who signed up online.  If I get 5 times that many again, it will turn out to be a very busy morning.