Q&A

Lots of questions about the recent video we did for Interstate Trucks. As previously stated, I don't currently own a HDDSLR. I have an old Panasonic PV-GS9 that I purchased several years back. I used it along with the grip equipment that I have on hand for my still shoots. The camera was clamped onto the mirror of the truck for some shots of the driver. At one point, I also had a Nikon D70s clamped onto a grab handle inside the truck to get the still shots of the driver. This camera was fired via remote control. I was actually in the vehicle behind him when this image was made. I fired off 20-30 images and just chose the best. For the shot under the truck, I sat the camera up on a mini tripod and double checked ground clearance of the truck. Then we let Doug roll over the camera. He seemed a little skeptical but I didn't mind losing the camera in the event things went wrong.

After all of the video was captured, I dumped it onto the hard drives and began the editing. I trimmed the clips to where I wanted them, put them in order, and then dropped the stills in place. A few tweaks were done to the audio. Total process including shooting and editing took about 10 hours.

This project was a blast to work on and the whole team at Interstate Trucks loved it. Can't wait to work on the next one.