Interstate Trucks

Doug called again with another truck that he needed images of.  We did the last shoot in November.  This time he wanted to use a lot he just purchased.  He is scheduled to build on the lot this year but as you can see in the first image, it wasn't much to work with.  The good news was we had plenty of room.
I chose to place the truck as close to the neighboring building as I could and then used a 70-200 lens to compress the background even more.  The shoot happened later in the afternoon and fortune was on my side this day.  The sun was almost directly behind camera with the angle I wanted to shoot.  The only issue I could see was the front of the truck in need of some extra light.
Working at ISO 200 F9, I knew the flash would have to be almost on top of the truck to have any effect what so ever.  I only had my speed lights but I did have four of them at my disposal.  During the last shoot I was able to use the CLS system to fire the strobes but that would have been impossible at the range I was working today and competing with the sun.  I grabbed the wireless triggers and positioned the light just a few feet from the truck.  My only concern was keeping the light and stand in a photoshoppable area of the image.


After a little work in PS to remove some unwanted elements and add his logo, below is the image we delivered.  Be sure to check out their web site and blog.  Doug and his whole team put an incredible amount of time into restoring these rigs.